Thursday, 27 March 2014

Cambo.


Cambo

(Drawing Artist)

He is a French street artist whose main source of art is graffiti, he is well travelled and since 2010 he has worked at an advertising agency as an art director. His work is based on visual hijacking, he portrays this by using iconic images and turns it into something that he wants to give to the audience. He feels the world is unfair and tries to reveal this is his work from culture, identities and financial.

Cambo, No Information Given    

What attracted me to him is the fact that he uses stencils in order to create his work something that I am doing in my drawing project. He uses something that people use everyday and is recognised such as Google, I think he uses it to make people aware of how technology has advanced, dominating people lives and showing it to the world by putting it in peoples faces. However what interested me the most about his work is the fact that he uses a stencil of Google (above), and the media of the wood and the paint have combined together to form something intriguing, I find it rugged, like it s been dated. . He didn’t just use it as a stencil and throw it away he kept it and formed a piece out of it, this is probably more pleasing to look at then what it has left behind. It has made me understand that experimenting with different medias is important as it can create something different and that to keep the item that I have used to create the stencils as I could find this more useful.   

Cambo, No Information Given 

No comments:

Post a Comment