Dave White
(Drawing Project)
His work is based on emotions and
celebrating popular culture.
What I like about Whites work is the fact that at
first glance there doesn’t seem to be that much detail included in the image
but the more you look at it the more the viewer can see the detail in the face
and claws and the mixture of colour in the wings. Even though watercolour is
quite a delicate media he manages to portray the eagle as strong, due to the
dark colours used. I find that the lines dripping down are as if gravity is
pulling the bird down but it is fighting as its natural instinct is to fly. He has made me look at work that has the same subject and technique as myself but produces something different, his drips look natural. His work has a balance of looking controlled and uncontrolled something that I need to understand for my work.
Dave White, Eagle, 2010
Watercolour on Fabriano
Artistico 610gm
30in x 22in - 76cm x 56cm

No comments:
Post a Comment