Friday, 21 March 2014

Self Directed. Week 25.


Self Directed

Week 25

My Work 
Change of Colour #1
Photograph, Acetate and Staple, 20 x 13cm  each, 2014

My Work 
Change of Colour #2
Photograph, Acetate and Staple, 20 x 13cm  each, 2014

I missed up the acetates this week by putting them on the wrong image background to see how much it distorts the image. I found that even though you can see aspects both layers the background image doesn’t come out as strongly as when the correct imaged acetate is over the top. However it was confusing as the image has all these lines and you have no idea which layer its on, it takes a while for the viewers eyes to focus and to try and distinguish both parts.  I also put acetate on top of acetate I have learnt that this works better the more layers that I build up, but it is very hectic. As there is no colour it is even harder to see what is on one layer but it is interesting as there are multiple lines and objects to look at but it is distorted so it is hard to focus, this is what makes it interesting.
   
My Work 
Signs and Cars
Photograph, Acetate and Staple, 20 x 13cm , 2014

My Work 
Colour Street Distort
Photograph, Acetate and Staple, 20 x 13cm , 2014

My Work 
Acetate Control
Photograph, Acetate and Staple, 20 x 13cm , 2014

 I am going to stick with the black and white acetate over the coloured image, as I like the 3D distorted effect that it gives. However I will be experimenting with scale to see if the bigger it is if the more intense it is to view for the audience.  There will be a range of images and sizes being displayed to see if the more images the viewer looks at the more they become distorted and confused.

My Work 
Red Sign #1
Photograph, Acetate and Staple, 20 x 13cm  each, 2014

My Work 
Red Sign #2
Photograph, Acetate and Staple, 20 x 13cm  each, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment