Saturday, 1 March 2014

Jackson Pollock.

Jackson Pollock

(Drawing Project)

Pollock was a key influence in abstract expressionism painting, his work portrays violence, sexuality, movement, and the imagination. He paints gestural and creates movement with the paint, every bit of paint has careful thought when applying.

Pollock builds up an image with pattern and layers similar to what I am doing. I have learnt from Pollock that even if the mark is in the wrong place or was put there by accident the image can still work and that it doesn’t have to be neat and tidy. Also that by looking at his work I am unable to find anything in order to give it a name, something I need to progress on as when I look at an image I want to know what it’s about, find something familair. As well that black and white can just be as interesting as colour.

Jackson Pollock, Yellow Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment