Uta Barth
(Self Directed)
She creates abstract photographs that explore visions of nature and the difference between how a camera sees something and a human. She manoeuvres and changes a scene to make it more interesting with lines and curves.
She creates abstract photographs that explore visions of nature and the difference between how a camera sees something and a human. She manoeuvres and changes a scene to make it more interesting with lines and curves.
What interested me about Barth work is that she either uses light to distort and image or just blurs it yet the viewer is still able to see what the photograph is just not in that that much detail. It makes you question what it is making the image distorted, is it the way I see it, something in front of the camera or the camera was not in focus yet still managed to pick out outlines to create a picture. I personally don’t feel anything towards the photograph as I don’t really get anything from it, maybe a sense of travel within the lost. It has made me understand that there are different degrees of distortion, revealing a lot and not revealing that much, I need to find out how much I wish reveal to the audience.
Uta Barth, Field #20, 1997,
Digital print with acrylic paint on canvas, 3460 x 4157 mm

No comments:
Post a Comment