Seminar Presentation
My Evaluation
Personal I felt that my presentation was reasonable
as it had a lot of information about the artist, the viewers got to know what
the artists subject was, his preferred media, who inspired him and what
artists got inspired from him. I talked about how he grew up and what had an
effect on the artist’s life, as I wanted people to understand where the concept
of his work came from. I stated some quotes from the artist so that people knew
how he worked and what he thought about art.
I then described why I choose the artist and how it influenced me as I
feel then my peers have a better understanding of my work. Also what I was
saying matched the slides on the presentation so that it was easy to follow.
To improve my presentation I could have made it
less scripted so that what I was saying flowed better so that the audience
could take in what I was saying and find it engaging. I should have paragraphed
what I was going to say instead of using bullet points as I stumbled a few
times and lost where I was, I think this was down to being too scripted. I felt
like I talked too fast which also contributed to me stumbling over words, I
know that I rushed it as I am not confident giving presentations and just
wanted to get it over with. Next time I need to practice what I am saying and
speak slowly and clearly. I should have researched the artist more so that when
I was talking about them I could talk freely and confidently, as I would know what I
was saying. I should have explained more about the artists technique
specifically on one piece and clarify the concept, the why, how and when, etc.
to allow the audience to fully understand what Degas work is about.
No comments:
Post a Comment