Friday, 21 March 2014

Drawing Project. Week 25.


Drawing Project

Week 25

My Work
Flying is Defying Gravity II
Ink and Paint on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

My Work
Flying is Defying Gravity III
Glue and Paint on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

My Work
Flying is Defying Gravity I
Glue and Paint on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

My Work
Splat
Glue and Paint on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

I have advanced experimenting with ideas that I have felt worked well in the past such as the stenciling as I feel that even though the audience might not right away see the animal it does make them question themselves what they do see and people can interpret it differently. I have found that blending colours together is interesting especially with wet media as the colours at naturally run together making interesting marks and patterns. I find that the glue and watercolour technique works well as they form an exciting pattern, it adds new texture and creates a shinny quality.  I have tried different coloured inks and watercolours but found the best colours are red, blue and black and when put together they contrast.
  
My Work 
Nature
Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

My Work
Silver Lining 
Ink on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

 My Work
Gold Lining
Ink on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

 I am going to use the watercolour and ink technique, with the different reds and blues on an A1 size scale with the imagine being quite small at the top so that the drips can come all the way down. I will add some fine linear to some of the images have elements of control and others not then the audience can tell the difference of constricted and un-constricted.  I wish to also continue with using the stencils and try mixing both techniques to see what I can come up with, as they are both very different but both dependent on gravity.

My Work
Delicate
Glue and Watercolour on Foam Board, 2014,  29.7 x 21cm

My Work
Messy Business of Flying
Glue and Ink on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

No comments:

Post a Comment