Thursday, 6 March 2014

David Hockney.

David Hockney

(Self Directed)

He is a stage designer, photographer, printmaker and painter, he has included his personal life within his work and has mixed image and text together so they merge to become one, but there are secret messages to his viewers. He turns to the city for inspiration and found it sensual but wanted it to speak for itself.

A peer has mentioned that my work of the acetate on top of the picture reminds them of Hockney as even though the image are in front of you there is something that distorts the image. I can see where there coming from as Hockney build up the image using multiple pictures, overlapping them to form one where as I take the same photo but overlap them together forming a similar effect. They both have a distorted feeling as they are not accurate and you can tell that they have been changed and altered. I could try to create a photo-montage with my photographs of the street to distort and to make it more unusual put the acetate print over the top.

David Hockney, Pearlblossom Highway

No comments:

Post a Comment