Thursday, 6 March 2014

Self Directed. Week 23.


Self Directed

Week 23

My Work 
Sign Change
Photograph, Acetate and Nail, 20 x 13cm, 2014

My Work 
Street Disturbed
Photograph, Acetate and Nail, 20 x 13cm each, 2014

I have decided that I need to focus on one aspect of light instead of multiple, either the tree, sparklers or the street as a peer mentioned that I should focus on one colour of light for the reminder of this project. I have chosen to focus on the streets as peers have stated that it reminds them when their drunk as they are unable to focus. The acetate on top of the image creates a blur yet 3D effect that I and multiple others find interesting as it questions what the viewer is seeing, disorientation. The dominant light is subtle and artificial however there is some light that is from the sky that balances the two different lights. It has remained people of drawings, being active and moving. Peers have also stated that they like the fact that when moving their heads the image changes, its do it yourself movement.


My Work 
Emptiness
Photograph, Acetate and Nail, 20 x 13cm each, 2014

I have taken more photographs at night and have learnt that the brighter the photograph the better it works with the acetate over the top as the viewer can see what is in the photograph more clearly. Peers particularly liked the photographs where there is some colour in the foreground as their eyes are immediately drawn to it. I am using nails at the moment as I can move the acetate away from the paper by moving them along the nails and see what other effects can be done with a slight change. I have chosen three different sizes at the moment large, medium and small to try and get some understanding of what size I should go for when creating a final piece. Peers have mentioned that they prefer the smaller ones as from afar people can see something unusual but have to go up close to see it properly. I personally like the layout as there isn’t that many therefore it is not that overwhelming, it’s a bit different and your eyes follow it round.  

My Work 
Leicester  Deserted #1
Photograph, Acetate and Nail, 20 x 13cm each and 39 x 28cm (Large), 2014

My Work 
Leicester  Deserted #2
Photograph, Acetate and Nail, 20 x 13cm each and 39 x 28cm (Large), 2014

My Work 
Leicester  Deserted #3
Photograph, Acetate and Nail, 20 x 13cm each and 39 x 28cm (Large), 2014

To progress I can work with light and dark, especially with no colour as then people can focus on the detail of the photograph and not be distracted by the colour. I can work with the photograph and acetate sheet separately and see what I can do to improve when putting them together.  I can work with negatives, as it is a different way to portray light. I could try turning the images into prints as I find that they already have a print quality to them. I need to experiment with size, I want to try a variety of sizes from really big to little and putting them together and mixing them up.

My Work 
Leicester  Deserted #3
Photograph, Acetate and Nail, 20 x 13cm each and 39 x 28cm (Large), 2014

My Work 
Leicester  Deserted #4
Photograph, Acetate and Nail, 20 x 13cm each and 39 x 28cm (Large), 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment