Thursday, 27 March 2014

Drawing Project. Week 26


Drawing Project

Week 26

My Own Work
Merge in Flight
Paint on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

My Own Work
Lonely Flight
Watercolour and Glue on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm


My Own Work
Power to Fly
Watercolour and Pen on Paper,  2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm


My Own Work
Webs in Action
Watercolour and Glue on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

My Own Work
Confusion in the Air
Paint on Paper,  2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

I tried to continue to use the stencils for my final outcome as I find that it worked well, even though the audience can see what the image, there is as sense of imagination as the image is loose and uncontrolled. I have done the inside and outside of the stencil to diverse the images and to make people see the negative and positive of the images, it plays with the viewers mind as all they initially see is colour. I have also done the dripping the watercolour down the page, I have used pen in one to show the controlled aspect, opposite to the looseness of dripping. I have done glue and watercolour as I find that when they are put together they make interesting marks as the glue is trying to resist the colour. I found that this time the stencils didn’t work as well as the liquid went under the stencil making the images more abstract and when I was splashing it affected my other images. Each piece is connected with the colours I used, red, blue and black as they are colours that work and blend well together also gravity is key in each piece weather I am splashing or dripping.

My Own Work
Flying is Defying Gravity
Paint , Watercolour, Glue on Paper, 84.1 x 59.4cm each piece, 2014

For my final outcome I have chosen some of the work that I have done in previous weeks as I find that they are the ones that sum up my project of gravity and being uncontrolled. Each piece is slightly different weather it is the media used or the colours but they all connect, as they are stencil works. I am using clips to hang them up as then I don’t have to worry about them falling down and they don’t take the attention off of the work. The way I have displayed them the viewers eyes follow one image to the next then to the next.

My Own Work
Flying is Defying Gravity I
Paint on Paper, 84.1 x 59.4cm, 2014

My Own Work
Flying is Defying Gravity III
Paint and Glue on Paper, 84.1 x 59.4cm, 2014

My Own Work
Flying is Defying Gravity II
Paint and Ink on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

The links between the pieces are the colours that I have chosen, red and black as I find that they are dominate colours that when put together they counterbalance and work together rather than one of them takes over. They all are affected gravity as the marks have been weighed down with gravity and they are all stencil works that have both the negative and positive aspects. Finally all of them are flying animals, the birds and butterflies, gravity is weighing them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment