Saturday, 8 March 2014

Drawing Project. Week 23.

Drawing Project

Week 23

My Work
Darker Dusk
Watercolour, Graphite on Paper, 2014, 41.2 x 29.3cm

My Work
Weight on Wings
Watercolour, Graphite on Paper, 2014, 41.8 x 29.9cm

My peers have stated that I have a good variety of work from sketchbooks to sheets. Even without an explanation from myself they understood what my work was about, animals particularly flying animals and mark making. They stated that my stencil work is strong as even though they can work out what the animal is, it still makes them question it as its not 100% correct and in proportion. My better works are when the animal isn’t defined, it is a psychological test of what the viewer sees as it can be interpreted differently by everyone. The process is more interesting then the outcome as people wonder how I ended up at this point and how the marks were made, deliberate or not. They also thought the glue techniques were strong as it makes them question what it is, it’s open to imagination.

 
My Work
Splat Goes the Bird
Ink on Paper, 2014, 41.2 x 30cm

My Work
Splat Goes the Butterfly
Ink on Paper, 2014, 41.8 x 29.4cm

My Work
Empty
Ink on Paper, 2014, 59.4 x 41.6cm

My Work
Freedom
Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 59.3 x 40.7 cm

 To improve I could use a real butterflies instead of drawing one in but then it asks the question is this a drawing? I could cover the butterfly in ink and let the ink dip down. Or I could use a photograph of a butterfly and see the difference between a drawn, real and photographed butterfly and how it effects the views perception of it. I can work on a larger scale both the drawing and the drips such as having a little animal at the top and letting the drips be dominant in the image as it will take up most of the page. I might try inkblot tests to see how the ink works and understand the properties it holds. I should try different inks and see which works best with the animal I am using, either working with it or against. I could try different angles for the drips to fall instead of the standard straight down and use the real colours of the animals to give it more of a realistic approach. Instead of using paper I could try foam board, wood or something of this nature and leaning against the wall.

My Work
Shinny Bird
Glue and Watercolour on Card, 2014, 29.6 x 20.9cm

My Work
Division
Pen on Paper, 2014, 41.4 x 29.3cm

My Work
Push Down
Pen on Paper, 2014, 41.4 x 29.6cm

No comments:

Post a Comment