Friday, 14 March 2014

Drawing Project. Week 24


Drawing Project

Week 24

My Own Work
Bleeding Butterfly
Ink on Paper, 2014,  84.1 x 59.4cm

My Own Work
Running Down Wings
Ink on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

I am still experimenting with the dripping techniques but I am using different media. Ink works well as it naturally drips and when dry it doesn’t loose its vibrant colour, it still looks the same as when I put it on the surface. I have tried different media to work on such as wood but I found that the colour looses its brightness. Instead of drawing the image of an animal I have photographed them and worked from that but still sticking to the dripping technique. It creates a real feeling but I personally find that it isn’t drawing, as all I have done is print off an image. I have also tried it in acetate and layering the images and found that it distorts it but the acetate on its own is quite bland as there is no colour, also I find that it still isn’t drawing.

My Own Work
Growing Old 
Photograph and Ink on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

My Own Work
Distort the Fly
Photograph, Acetate and Ink on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

My Own Work
Gravity Effects All
Photograph, Acetate and Ink on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

My Own Work
Change is Strength
Photograph, Acetate and Ink on Paper, 2014, 84.1 x 59.4cm

I want to try other ink colours to see what colours works well with the animal I am drawing and to see the intensity in the colour is still there after it has dried. Also to try other media to work on such as foam board to see how the liquid reacts to the media, if it soaks in or balances on the surface. As soon as I find a combination that works I want to focus on it and produce as much work from it and see where to progress.

My Own Work
Too High For the Sky
Glue and Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 44 x 7 x 0.6cm

My Own Work
Leaving a Trace
Glue and Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 8.5 x 8.5 x 0.5cm

My Own Work
Wooden Pilar
Glue and Watercolour on Paper, 2014,53.9 x 7.6 x 0.7cm 

No comments:

Post a Comment