Thursday, 21 November 2013

Sculpture. Week 8.

Sculpture

Week 8 (Thursday 19th November 2013)

Instead of creating one big tower I decided to do two separate ones, then it is more stable and the mixture of colour and material is not over powering. Each stack shows the relationship between the materials and by having some none weaved such as the bin bag pulled over the mental circle creates an elastic feel and the way the metal nest counter balance the softness with harshness. I am still able to mix and match the orders, this enables be to change it and find the right combination. 

Plastic, Metal, Card, Glass, Wire, Glue, 2013

I looked at the artist Phyllida Barlow, who manages to show the connection between each material or the colours between one materials. I have learnt that every material can interact with another in a positive way if done correctly can creative an attractive piece. Also that introducing colour is good and that it can draw in the eye.

Phyllida Barlow, 2013,  Steel armarture, 
polyurethane board, polyurethane foam, 
cement, scrim, fabric,  393.7 x 1676.4 x 848.4 cm
 / 155 x 660 x 334 in

To improve I could work on a larger scale so that it is human height, this gives more of an impact and can include a variety of different media all in one. I could use more of a range of materials, such as wood to show the relationship between each layer.
Next I am just going to focus on one aspect; this is the coloured card, going from dark to light maybe but able to change it. This then shows the relationship between just one medium but to show what colour can do.   

Plaster, Chicken Wire, Metal, String, Acetate, 
Card, Pasta, Paper, Glue, Staples, 2013

Plastic, Metal, Card, Glass, Wire, Glue, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment