Lens
Week 2 (Monday 7th October 2013)
Week 2 (Monday 7th October 2013)
From the work from the previous week I experimented slightly with what I could do with the image. I took photographs of peoples hands in a fist shape, I wanted the same shape so that the audience could compare, find the similarities and differences. Myself and peers think that if the background was to be darker and the hand standout more similar to the previous photograph I did of my hand the images would be more appealing as your eyes go straight to the hand and starts examining it.
2013
2013
We looked at
time, what it can do and how to show it, either with one image or a series of
images. We looked at the artist Eadweard Muybridge; you did a series on time
and movement. What I find fascinating about his work is the fact that it was a
new idea; nobody had managed to show that a horse had all four legs off the
ground when galloping. Also that it tells a story, you can follow it along and
understand it, the fact that it’s in black and white lets the view focus on the
motion.
Eadweard Muybridge, Man/Horse (Vehicle)
There are many aspects when
think about time, the changes in society and trends to start. We were given a
project to produce a photo that represents time, the photography that I took
was of abandon buildings that have graffiti on them and just left, forgotten.
This shows what time can do on buildings as well. What works best in the
photograph is the fact that the bridge is the first thing that you notice as it
connects one side to the other, allowing it to flow. The water giving the
reflection is want interested people have they have stated that it gives it
depth and it feels as if you are actually there. What I could do to improve is
introduce a bit of colour, not too much as the image is quite busy as it is.
Another part to this was to
create a series of images both inside and out of time. For my outside, I went
for a walk down the river and took a photo with every step I took as I wanted
the viewer to feel as if they are walking with me.
For the inside photos, I
focused on my flat and flatmates during tea time in the kitchen. I took the
photographs randomly so some of the images are similar. What would have been
interesting is if I went somewhere busy such as the supermarket, or if I took
photos at a party as there would be something that has changed in every image.
However I need to be careful that the images don’t get overcrowded. I decided
to produce the series in black and white and it worked well for Eadweard
Mulbridge and I felt like it could for me and it did to some extent.
2013





No comments:
Post a Comment