Thursday, 14 November 2013

Sculpture. Week 7.

Sculpture

Week 7 (Tuesday 12th November 2013)

Wire, Glass, Card, Glue, Metal, Plastic, 2013

I am continuing expanding on the materials that I can use to make nests however I have started to use different techniques instead of just the weaving pattern as I find it gets a little repetitive. I have used a metal circle and covered it in a bin bag pulled tight so that objects can balance on the top and due to the circumstance size it uses more of the floor space to give the sculptor volume. Next I used different card, recycled and colour as it is a strong media that can sustain weight above, also gives a new colour to mix in with the rest. Finally I tried to make a nest out of different wires but found it hard to create, what I did manage to create I stood on as I felt that giving it a more flatter look would help the sculptor as it changes it a little.

Wire, Glass, Card, Glue, Metal, Plastic, 2013

Overall I find this piece more pleasing than the previous weeks and there is a range of sections to focus on. However as state by my peers  there could be more layers or that the overall size could be bigger to give it a bit more of a punch as at the moment you have to look down at it. They have stated that it has improved as it is more stable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment