Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Sculpture. Week 3.

Sculpture
Week 3 (Tuesday 15th October 2013)

I was given a sheet with many different words on I choose the words close and made. From this I began to look at what I associate with these words such as family, connection, protection and structure. By the end I decided to focus on birds and nests as birds have to make their own nests from what they can find in order to protect their young.

To start off I began to create nests in different media, paper, pasta and card all different shapes and techniques. As I don’t want to go down the traditional route of a circle nest so after creating these I choose to look at the square shape. 

Paper, Staples

Paper, Staples

They are all built up in layers. After looking at the artist Ai Weiwei it made me realise that lines are interesting especially random ones to create an attractive composition. 

Ai Weiwei, Nest

For myself I decided to weave which creates a symmetrical composition that is appealing to the eye. The connection can be seen which my peers prefer as then they can understand what was done to create it and that it diverts the eyes from the lines.   

Cardboard, Glue, 2013

Pasta, Glue and Cardboard, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment