Drawing
Week 7 (Friday 15th November 2013)
Journey
Paint, Water on Paper, 2013
What I began with was doing primary research a bit of quick rough
sketches to long ones; therefore I can work from this at a later date. Due to
the fact that I was outside I mainly used dry media and most of them were quite
quick therefore inaccurate but gives me something to work from. Peers found it
interesting the different backgrounds that I have used especially the textured
ones. After this I continued to develop my ideas looking at colour, tone and
shape but after being informed that my sketchbooks were to mix and match I
needed to find something to focus on. After viewing the work of Jordan L
Rodgers at the Jerwood Drawing Gallery, London I decided I should focus my work
on starchy and scribbles, making my lines dominant and powerful.
Jordan L Rodgers, The Marciana Library,
Venice Pen&Ink Drawing 40cm x 60cm 2011
I need to progress my work, I’m going to experiment with different
media to used to create different marks as well as different media to be worked
on or in but all in the same technique so that everything flows and the
audience understand my ideas.
Tracing Paper, Fine Liner, Map, 2013



No comments:
Post a Comment