Thursday, 14 August 2014

Summer 2014 Drawings.

Summer 2014 Drawings.

Over the course of the summer I did some sketches, I found images and drawings on the internet and copied them. I decided to do this to find and explore different techniques which then will help me find my own style. I found that I like working really quick so that the viewer can just make out what the image is of as it leaves more to the imagination. 

Jessica Webb
The Art of Dance
Charcoal on Paper,14.8 x 21cm

Jessica Webb
Expressive Movement
Pen on Paper, 14.8 x 21cm

I have also found that I like working in detail so that the finished product looks complete and it shows skill and technique. However I need to work on this more to find my own style so that I can enjoy what I draw.

 Jessica Webb
Dark Side
Pen on Paper, 14.8 x 21cm


Jessica Webb
Fairytale
Pencil on Paper, 14.8 x 21cm

By doing this I have also noticed that I either like to work with media that I have control over such as pen and pencil or media that is loose like charcoal. Also that I have not added any colour, this may be as I feel that colour can take away depth to the piece.

Jessica Webb
Hand
Pen on Paper. 14.8 x 21cm

Jessica Webb
Weakness
Charcoal, 14.8 x 21cm

No comments:

Post a Comment