Monday, 11 August 2014

Lincoln.

Lincoln.

I went to Lincoln during the summer to visit art galleries and to look at the architecture that Lincoln offer as it is not that far away and has some interesting features and art. 


I wanted to capture the quirkiness of Lincoln and the different buildings it has in my photographs. When in Lincoln I get a sense of emptiness as it's not in the middle of a busy modern city, it is a calm place surrounded by the country. I wanted to show that even though years have gone by the buildings have still stood, but have aged a little and that people may come and go but the buildings and streets stay the same and are still standing. 



In some areas of Lincoln you can see how the old parts are crumbling with age, and how they are trying to repair it. Yet it is clear to see were the repairs have been done, like the photo below however I find this interesting as it makes the viewer question the age of the piece and it shows that nothing lasts forever, contrast. Also due to it being symmetrical it makes it a pleasing photograph to look at. 


I went to Lincoln Cathedral and I wanted to try and capture a different photo of the cathedral as hundreds of people have taken photos of it. I tried to get some of the greenery and sun in so the cathedral is not the main focal point or to try and use the sun to obscure the image. Overall I think the composition is as important as anything else as you need to include everything you want but it should look appealing to an audience, and sometimes the unusual makes it interesting. 





I also wanted to focus on the more detailed points of the cathedral such as the doors and windows from both sides as the entrance of the cathedral is powerful as when it was built people wanted to make an entrance. It shows the wealth that was taken to make it and the grandness of the building. Also the windows are viewed better on the inside due to the sun light shining through it, but I wanted to show how on one side things can look bleak and unappealing whereas on the other side there is a clear picture that is full of colour and vibrancy.  


All my photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment