Drawing Project
Week Commencing: Monday 6th January 2014
For the new drawing project I sketched
a variety of living things to start off with as I had no idea where it was
going. I mainly drew people and animals in a multiple of styles. I visited museums and wondered the parks and streets and just sat sketched. Even though I
found it existing to draw people in natural poses and especially while dancing I thought
that it would be hard to get solid primary research therefore deciding to base
my project on animals. Through doing this though I have learnt that I like to
keep the random and often mistake lines in as I find the image more truthful. I
found it be a good starting point to progress my project and start to explore colour, composition and media.
My Own Work
Together
Pencil on Paper, 2014, 21 x 14cm
My Own Work
Free
Pen, Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 21 x 14cm
My Own Work
Sit
Pen on Paper, 2014, 21 x 14cm
After the original book of random sketches I filled a sketchbook full of drawing
of just animals, this is my primary research and reference book so that when
developing my work I can start here. The drawing are sketchy but this gives me the
freedom to progress and the fact that there is no colour allows me to experiment.
I could try working on different backgrounds and use different media on
different surfaces, instead of being just black media on white paper. I have
used a multiple of animals from dogs to donkeys, however at the moment I enjoy
drawing the bird as the bird can do what a human cannot, fly.
My Own Work
Good Boy
Good Boy
Charcoal on Paper, 2014, 21 x 14cm
My Own Work
Peace
Peace
Pen on Paper, 2014, 14 x 21cm
My Own Work
Flying Freedom
Flying Freedom
Pen on Paper, 2014, 21 x 14cm
I looked at the artists Becky Mair and Nicola
Hicks as they portray animals by using marks and building up layers. They both
use limited colour so that the main focus is just on the marks and lines that
are made and are within the picture and that it can create depth. I have learnt
from these artists that colour doesn't have to be dominant but it can still have an impact. I need to practice
more and see how different tools can create different marks and see what
would happen if I mixed two techniques together.
Beck Mair, Mr Bumble, 2011, Oil on Board, 39x52cm
My Own Work
Donkey Mark
Paint on Paper, 2014, 21 x 14cm
Becky
Mair, Joey, Giclee print, 50.5cm
x 39.5cm
Nicola Hicks, Untitled (Stag), 2009,
Charcoal and pastel on paper, 198 × 250 cm
My Drawing
Cow
Paint on Paper, 2014, 21 x 14cm
Nicola Hicks, Stag, 2006, Etching




No comments:
Post a Comment