Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Self Directed. Week 15 -17.

Self Directed

Weeks 15 - 17

For my self directed project I started to take photographs of the environment, abandoned buildings, long paths and down the canal. After taking one photograph I noticed how the sun obscured the image and turned the image black and white, just seeing the dark outline of buildings and the reflection of the sun on the water. I started to take photographs where the sun changes the image, this time some of building, people and water. I found them interesting as the only colour in the photograph is in the sky and even then it is subtle, also the fact that the sun can turn an image into something mysterious.

My Work
Grafitti World
Photograph, 13.3 x 17.8cm, 2014

My Work
The Suns Light
Photograph, 13.3 x 17.8cm, 2014

My Work
The World of Darkness
Photograph, 13.3 x 17.8cm, 2014

The next step I took photographs of different lights, apartment, street lights and fireworks, the ones that I found worked well are the ones that are out of focus as you can tell that it is light and sort of make out what it is but gives the image something as the audience has to look carefully at the image. Also by moving the camera when taking the photo distorts it, giving the image a new sense and personality.

My Work
Shooting
Photograph, 16 x 13.5cm, 2014

My Work
Colour Fire
Photograph, 13.3 x 17.8cm, 2014

My Work
Cross Light
Photograph, 13.3 x 17.8cm, 2014

My Work
Dash
Photograph, 13.3 x 17.8cm, 2014

My Work
Droplets
Photograph, 13.3 x 17.8cm, 2014

My Work
Swirl
Photograph, 13.3 x 17.8cm, 2014

After I took the buildings outline and added colour, watercolour as the colour blended easily and the fact that it runs down gives the image more length.

My Work
City Drip #1
Pen, Watercolour on Tracing Paper, 20.7 x 19.8cm, 2014

My Work
City Drip #2
Pen, Watercolour on Tracing Paper, 20.7 x 19.8cm, 2014

My Work
Messed Up City
Pen on Picture, 9.6 x 13cm, 2014

My Work
Work
Pen on Picture, 9.6 x 12.9cm, 2014

To improve I can continue to find different lights, car, stars, lit up signs, etc and see how they can be manipulated by the camera. I could use a torch to control the light and image that I want, as well as working with shadows. I want to understand light and capture different aspects of it, know what works and doesn’t, or how I can use it to my advantage. When I have done this I would like to continue to work with my family, especially the children as they have a sense of innocence but can be scary. I can capture them in a variety of scenarios that include light to see how different light can capture emotions and how the image can come across to the audience.          

No comments:

Post a Comment