Drawing Project
My Own Work
Wise
Watercolour, Pen on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm
After some sketchy drawings I decided to progress my work by
using other techniques and colours, this is so that I can get more ideas to
develop my work. I have opted not to include that much accurate detail in the
drawings as I want the audience to focus on the shape and colour. I wanted to
display colour, pattern and shape in a variety of ways, templates, origami
using different media, paper, watercolour, ink and pen.
My Own Work
Wings
Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm
The ones that I think worked well was the origami as it is
basic and I can move it further, using different material, trying a variety of
colours and animals and it is something that can be worked on.
My Own Work
Bird Folded
Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm
My Own Work
Bird Crease
Watercolour, Paper and Glue, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm
Also so that I include colour I used watercolours, as I
find it easy to mix the colours together and it looks well blended. Also when
splashing the colours onto the page, they merge and run together and I find
it quirky as I am unable to control where the splash ends up. Another thing
that I found worked well was including patterns inside the body of the animal, lines and swirls to
fill the image, at the moment I have only drawn it in black pen but could
continue to use other media and colours. What works is the fact that it’s
the pattern that draws you in.
My Own Work
Pattern
Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm
My Own Work
Young and Learning
Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm
To improve I need to be neater and precise with my lines as
the lines are the mine focus. I could turn my drawings into 3D models; a
material that matched the animal, such as a butterfly are delicate so a material
that is light. I could try including writing into the image or music
notes, a symbol to try something new and to see if words or symbol can have an impact on an image. As I liked the pattern images I could turn it
into a sculpture by cutting the patterns out so that it is an outline joined
together by lines and I could photogram them or shine light through them to
show the shadow.
My Own Work
Butterfly Mesh
Pen on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm
My Own Work
Owl Cross
Pen on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm
No comments:
Post a Comment