Michael Bosanko
(Self Directed)
He uses light to create his work that have a slight graffiti style to them, he uses a variety of five different coloured torches and his camera is on a long exposure so that he can capture it. It is similar to how people write their names with sparklers, and is normally set at dust to contrast the torchlight with its empty surroundings. He uses the torches like a paintbrush; he wants to create something humorous and pleasing to look at, and what he takes is the result no Photoshop is involved.
I found interesting is the way that Bosanko plays with light
and on most occasions uses it to create humour. He works with the landscape and
cityscape, I find that the light image then has more depth as it has a sense of
belonging. It’s as if the image is a sculpture rather that a torch light, he manages
to get the photo by putting the camera on a long exposure, something I have
never tried. Instead of using paintbrushes he uses torches and I find that they
have a flowing sense to them, that it is done with ease. He made me think of the place of the light is in and what time of day it should be as it does not necessarily need to be in the pitch black, the sky and the surroundings can produce interesting colours.
Michael Bosanko, No Information Given
Michael Bosanko, No Information Given


No comments:
Post a Comment