Leonardo Da Vinci
(Drawing Project)
(Drawing Project)
He was a widely talented artist who
worked from sculpture to painting. He is known for his sophisticated and
scientific mind and as well as drawing on a piece of paper he wrote notes related
to the subject, he was known as an ‘artist-engineer’.
Leonardo Da Vinci, Proportions of the Head, 1489
To get some inspiration for my drawing project, I looked at some
artists, this includes Leonardo Da Vinci, what drew me to him is the fact that
his drawings are detailed and accurate, opposite to how I work. The lack of
colour isn’t relevant in his work as each piece has so much to look at and take
in, and the whole page is covered in information. He includes his guidelines in some of his pieces, I find this
helpful as it shows me how he created the image, and it shows the build up of
layers that are made to produce the image. He also contains text, I think that it
breaks up the image instead of being just a drawing but I have learnt that you
have to be careful on what is written, as it could take away from the drawing
but Da Vinci manages to find a balance. He has made me consider including text in
my work but it has to be relevant information and the degree of detail that should be included as it has a strong impact.
Leonardo Da Vinci, Study of a Womb, 1489


No comments:
Post a Comment