Monday, 13 January 2014

David Bactchelor.

David Bactchelor

(Self Directed)

Bactchelors main focus is colour and what the urban environment can bring, he wants to see how people respond to colour especially in technology. He used fluorescent plastic objects that are easily accessible throughout the world and he adds everyday objects and light materials to make installations that are beautifully mesmerising.   

For my self direct project I had some ideas but after taking some photographs I have chosen the theme of light. I looked at Bactchelor as he uses a variety of coloured LED lights displayed in many ways. What I found interesting was the colour as it draws you into his work but there are multiple other things to look at not just the coloured lights, such as the stand and wires. I have learnt that the set up is important, that it doesn’t need to be overwhelmed with colour and that the accessories and connections (wires) can be included as I find it gives the piece an understanding.

David BatchelorBrick Lane Remix I, 2003,
Shelving Units, found light boxes, fluorescent light, vinyl, 
acrylic sheet, cable, plugboards, 204 x 435 x 38 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment