Monday, 13 January 2014

Gjon Mili.

Gjon Mili

(Self Directed)

He was a self taught photographer, he wanted to photograph a single exposure of light in motion, and he used this to understand the movements of dancer. He had worked alongside Pablo Picasso. 

He interested me as the light that he uses shows movement; it has a sense of fun, like a child’s drawings. It reminds me of drawing with a sparkler on a dark night. I find his work has no sense of control that the lines aren’t placed there deliberately, this way I find that the lines flow more freely. As the photography is in black and white I find gives it more depth and that the contrast can be seen. It looks as if the lines a drawn onto the photograph. Its as if the lines are following the girl and whatever move she makes is documented by lines. It makes me realise that there are mutiple different lights and different ways to capture them using a camera.   

Gjon Mili, No Information Given

No comments:

Post a Comment