Sunday, 12 January 2014

Sonia Delaunay.

Sonia Delaunay

(Drawing Project)

Delaunay looks at arrangements in her work, she is an abstract artist as she is able to see colour and applies it to the texture she is seeing. She thought that contrasting colours created life and movement.

For my drawing project I look at Delaunay, what I find interesting about her work is the patterns and colours she uses, it immediately draws you in. Once the viewer has looked closely they can see an image that has been constructed out of shapes. It has made me think that the shapes don’t have to be the image itself but can be included into something else, what I am drawing can include shapes. At the moment I have used limited colour and Delaunay’s work has made me understand that colour can be important to a piece however I find in her work that the colour is overwhelming.   

No comments:

Post a Comment