Bruce Nauman
(Self Directed)
Naumans is an American sculptor but also works with film. Some of his sculptures are moulded from his own body parts and is based on inaccessibility and hiding.
Nauman interested me as he uses LED lights to get
across his message, he turns the light into text and uses a variety of colours.
What I find powerful is that each colour relates to the text and all the
colours are a similar tone making it easier to connect one comment to the next.
At first you don’t see the text just the colours blurring together but then
start to fully look and see that the text is all related and that there are similes
and matches. Overall I find that the piece works due to the scale, the columned
structure, the colours and the text. I have learnt that light can be manipulated and shaped into something that I want to create.
Bruce
Nauman, 1984, One Hundred Live and Die
Bruce Nauman,
The True Artist
Helps the World by Revealing Mystic Truths, 1976


No comments:
Post a Comment