Major Project
Week 19
My Work
Bounce
Photograph,13.3 x 17.8cm, 2014
I looked into
how to manipulate the camera into doing what I want and distorting in order to
move the light as it can show different emotions and views. It can show movement
by the line of light or it could just show senseless as the light has no
control and is all over the place. To move forward I wish to learn how to control the
line of light to my advantage and by changing it, it can change the concept of
the image.
My Work
Uni #1
Photograph, 13.3 x 17.8cm, 2014
My Work
Uni #2
Photograph, 7.5 x 9.8cm, 2014
I looked at how
light can be portrayed by a reflection in a puddle especially when it is still
raining, this is natural distortion. It shows the natural elements mixing with
the manmade. To progress I wish to take photographs of light when it’s raining
or through a rain drop window.
My Work
Puddle at Night
Photograph, 7.5 x 10.8cm, 2014
My Work
Dark Spark
Photograph, 17.8 x 13.6cm, 2014
My Work
Alone
Acrylic Paint on Photograph, 20 x 14.8cm,2014
I began to work on
top of photographs I have taken to manipulate them and it adds another layer to
the image, some worked and some didn’t. Turning the image black and white helps
to distinguish the lines and shape of the light so that you don’t get
distracted colour. I made certain elements just colour on a black and white
background so that the views eyes are immediately drawn to the colour then they
finally notice what is going on around the centred image. I cut up photographs
and rearranged them so they are manually inaccurate but there is more depth as
the view wants to know what the photograph is of. I took some of the images and
turned them into watercolour drippings, like gravity is bringing them down, it
another take on what I see.
My Work
Graffiti Change #1
Glue on Photograph, 13.2 x 17.6 cm, 2014
Graffiti Change #1
Glue on Photograph, 13.2 x 17.6 cm, 2014
My Work
Graffiti Change #1
Glue on Photograph, 13.2 x 17.6 cm, 2014
Graffiti Change #1
Glue on Photograph, 13.2 x 17.6 cm, 2014
My Work
Spark Mix
Glue on Paper, 29.5 x 20cm, 2014
Spark Mix
Glue on Paper, 29.5 x 20cm, 2014
My Work
Random
Random
Glue on photograph, 14.6 x 19.5cm, 2014
My Work
City Slope
Pen and watercolour on Tracing Paper, 20 x 17cm, 2014
City Slope
Pen and watercolour on Tracing Paper, 20 x 17cm, 2014
I want to continue
to manipulate photographs manually, automatically and digitally to make them both
appealing and unappealing. Also I wish to look at different lights and work
from there especially light that shows some kind of movement.
My Work
Distort
Pen on Photograph, 13.6 x 18.1cm, 2014
My Work
Gridded City
Watercolour on Graph Paper, 16.5 x 18.8cm, 2014















No comments:
Post a Comment