Visiting Artist: Alice
Theobald
A visiting artist came to the university Thursday
13th February 2014 to give a presentation on her work. She is a
video and performance artist who studied at Goldsmiths before attend the Royal
Academy. Her work is based on emotion and the structure of this, she works with
the environment around like what is seen on the TV or heard in music,
influences around. Her work goes round in circles.
Personally I find her work confusing as
there is so much going on at the same time, outfits, lyrics, movements that
sometimes I feel don’t all go together. Various songs are catchy but the
movements don’t match the words and I personally don’t think that it works. There
are lots of layers and if I was to see her performances in person I would feel awarked
because to me that is how the performers are feeling.
This link shows some of Alice Theobald’s
work: http://alicetheobald.blogspot.co.uk/
No comments:
Post a Comment