Thursday, 20 February 2014

Drawing Project. Week 21.

Drawing Project

Week 21

My Own Work
Gravity Wings 
Pen and Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 59.3 x 42cm


My Own Work
Merge
Glue and Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 59.3 x 41.5cm

My Work
Spontaneous Colour
Glue and Watercolour on paper, 2014, 41.6 x 29.4cm

I am continuing with the dripping technique so that when people look through my sketchbook and see my work from now on it all relates to dripping and gravity but I am going to experiment with different media and styles to find what works well and what is interesting to look at. By putting a small image at the top of the page and drip the watercolour down the page it manages to fill the page and is aesthetically pleasing as the viewer’s eyes follow the drips down the page. I have experimented with glue and watercolour as they mix together and form patterns within it, it also creates a shinny texture. I am experimenting with colour and blending colours that are pleasing and mix well together as I want the image to not be vulgar and for the colours to fight for dominance.  I am trying to discover if the whole animal should be on the page or just areas such as outlines but the viewer can still see what the animal is. Also whether to use a pen outline as when you add water it blends with the watercolour or to make the watercolour the background so then it merges with the paper.
  
My Work
Pale Leap
Watercolour on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm

My Work
Drippy Duck
Pen and Watercolour on paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm

My Work
Ears
Watercolour and Pen on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm

My Work
Dirt
Watercolour and Pen on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm

 I am going to be experimenting with scale, to see how long the lines stretch and how it can change the image. Also I want to try different colour palettes ranging from cold to warm or bleak to happy to see which palettes to work with in the future. I wish to try different media especially ones that have the ability to drip to see what textures can be created and effects and patterns that can be made. After learning what works I wish to combine them to have some idea what to do as my final piece.

My Work
Wisdom
Watercolour, Pen, Acetate on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm

My Work
Wings High
Watercolour and Glue on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm

My Work
Soft Butterfly
Watercolour and Glue on Paper, 2014, 29.7 x 21cm

No comments:

Post a Comment