Thursday, 20 February 2014

Self Directed. Week 21.

Self Directed

Week 21

My Work 
Overlay Light
Photograph, Glue, Acetate and Staples, 26.5 x 19.5cm,  2014

My Work
Within
Photograph, 26.5 x 19.5cm, 2014

My Work
Contained to the Jar
Photograph, 26.5 x 19.5cm, 2014

My Work
Pen is Contained to
Acetate, Pen, Staples, 26.5 x 19.5cm, 2014

I am focusing on light still but turning some of the images to black and white so the light is lost; this creates an empty space as the viewer is able to see that something is meant to be there. I have stated to work on top of images using acetate so that the image is distorted but people are still able to see what it is; I find acetate helpful as it creates layering as it is see through and able to see what is underneath. I have experimented with layering the acetate on top of black and white images and coloured, I found the coloured pictures worked better as the light can be seen but the black acetate contrasts and distorts. I used the projector with the acetate which creates an image that looks old due to the fragmented limited colour and the struggle to focus. I have manually worked on top of photographs such as drawing on them; it shows the shape and construction of the main focal points. It brings the image out more as the viewer can see only what I want to reveal. I draw a cityscape outline using string and nails forming a low relief and I would have liked to set fire to the string while photographing it to show the pattern and route the fire takes but due to it being inside I am unable to do so.

My Work 
Dark Against Colour
Photograph, Glue, Acetate, Staples, 26.5, 19.5cm, 2014

My Work 
Street Distort
Photograph, Glue, Acetate, Staples, 19.5 x 14.5cm, 2014

My Work 
Old and New
Photograph, Glue, Acetate, Staples, 15 x 20cm, 2014

My Work 
Droplet Movement
Photograph, Glue, Acetate, Staples, 14.5 x 19.3cm, 2014

My Work 
Vehicle Vs Building
Photograph, Glue, Acetate, Staples, 14.5 x 19.3cm, 2014

I may form a cityscape outline outside using different media then setting fire to it. Trying Photoshop to manipulate my images and changing the colour specifically of the lights to see what sense and feeling the viewer gets by editing the photograph. I would like to work on different scales both smaller and larger so that I know which to continue experimenting with for my final piece.

My Work
Outline
String, Nails, 110 x 60cm,  2014

My Work
Light Dominance 
Photograph, Pen, Watercolour, 17.8 x 13.2cm, 2014

My Work
Building Structure
Photograph, Pen, 17.8 x 13.2cm, 2014

My Work
Spark Written
Photograph, Pen, 17.8 x 13.2cm 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment