Degree Show.
I found that the show had a professional aspect to it, everything was clean and presentable. There was a location plan that was useful so that people had some idea of where your going, also I was given an overall booklet of the different De Montfort art and design degree shows that was going on. There was a booklet that included a list of the fine art degree students that included a picture of their work, the name of the work, media, scale, date and contact or blogger details. It is useful as if you did not get the name of the artist or other information there is a chance that it is in the booklet, however the only criticism I have is that all the artists should have a blogger address (or something that has picutres of their work) and contact details so that people can look at their work then contact them if anything interesting is found.
Another positive is that at each piece there was business cards, this makes it look professional and if there is something someone really likes then they can contact the artist easier by just picking up the card instead of finding the information for themselves. There was statements that the artists have written next to the work, which I like as it allows me to understand what their work is about but some did not have the relevant information on such as the media used. There was refreshments in a various places, I feel like that was a last minute thought as it did not feel as professional, the table cloth mucky and it just felt odd. I feel that in certain aspects the space was used well, the audience could move around the room with ease and have the space to look and take in the work. In some areas though there was no space to move, especially in the corridor area and the heat was unbearable therefore I could not concentrate on the work. Even though the speeches is a good idea, and personal especially for that year, I could not hear them and when wanting to leave I could not because the people listening to the speeches were in the way. Finally, even through the booklets were useful and free, I wanted to know when the show was on other times, not just the degree show opening night as I wished to go at another time when not as busy and it was not easy to find online.
No comments:
Post a Comment