Friday, 6 December 2013

Drawing. Week 10. Crit.

Drawing

Friday 6th December 2013

Crit

Ink, 2013

I have learnt what my other peers thought of my work. They think that it is simple but shows form, shadow and tone but has no detail. They also thought that instead of using repetition that it works better to fade the image away, such as the bricks. It’s sketchy almost like an illustration, with a goof colour palette with the factory scene and it being wet and rainy. There are geometric shapes and when looking at it they feel like something is missing, it makes them look further into the piece. The lines are strong and they are immediate and not careful. Due to the fact that it looks flat gives it a poster feel. As I displayed it as a trip tic each piece relates to the other showing the same feeling and follows a journey.

Ink, 2013

The artist that was mentioned was George Grasz as it has a similar structure to mine, you can see the factories but he uses the appropriate colours, dark and dangerous to bring out the buildings and feelings. This is something that I could try; bring in colours that bring out my images to give it more depth.
  
 George Grasz, Explosion, 1917, Oil on hardbord, 68 x 48 cm

 Ink, 2013 

They have mentioned that the image is constricted by the paper therefore I need to go bigger (longer). I could add colour, specifically watercolour as it will work well with the ink and blend together. I could work over the top of the image, either directly or on acetate and could combine other media together, including photographs. Finally combine simple drawings with messy ones. 

Ink, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment